Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)Follow us on Facebook
The Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program funds housing, infrastructure and social services projects for residents with low and moderate income that live in the unincorporated areas of Travis County. Residents and non-profit agencies can help determine projects by providing project ideas and proposals.
CDBG funding comes from the U.S. Department of Housing and Community Development. The program provides annual grants on a formula basis to entitled cities and counties to develop viable urban communities by providing decent housing and a suitable living environment, and by expanding economic opportunities, principally for low- and moderate-income persons. Visit the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development web site for more information.
- Can’t attend a Community Needs Forum? Fill out a Participation Form by March 31st.
- Invitation to to participate in Travis County CDBG Community Needs Forums. Invitation available in English and Spanish (Español).
- Travis County has finalized the "Substantial Amendments to the PY2011-2013 Consolidated Plan and the PY09 through PY13 Action Plans." The final document is available here.
- Want to know which CDBG services you can apply for? Learn about our current projects.
- Community Health Assessment and Health Improvement Plan
- Turn in a project proposal
- Learn about the Recovery Act Project
I want to...
- Talk about the needs of my community
- Submit a project idea
- Learn about Housing Programs
- File a Fair Housing Discrimination Complaint
- Talk to someone about CDBG
- Receive CDBG news by e-mail
Last Modified: Wednesday, February 12, 2014 9:53 AM