This is the official website of Travis County, Texas.

Domestic Relations

Posting Bond for Persons Arrested for Child Support Violations

A friend or a member of my family who pays child support has been arrested on a Travis County Domestic Relations or Texas Attorney General capias (arrest warrant). How do I get him/her released from jail?

For Travis County Domestic Relations Office Cases

To get a person released from jail between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, except on holidays bring the jail release payment to the Travis County Domestic Relations Office. Once there ask to speak to someone in the legal/ enforcement unit.

To get a person released from jail on weekends, nights, and holidays go to the Travis County Sheriff's Department Bonding Office located behind the Travis County Courthouse (1000 Guadalupe Street) in the Blackwell Thurman Criminal Justice Center at 509 W. 11th Street, first floor. The Sheriff's Department will only accept cash, cashier's checks, or money orders. Absolutely no personal or businesses checks, or surety bonds will be accepted.

Bond payments for the release of a person from jail in a child support action will not be accepted by credit card through this website. Any attempts to do so will result in the person remaining in jail.

For Texas Attorney General Office Cases

The Travis County Domestic Relations Office cannot accept payments for the release from jail persons in custody on attorney general cases. If the person in jail is a Texas Attorney General's Office case you must contact the Texas Attorney General's Office at (800) 252-8014 for instructions on where to make the jail release payment. However, you can also pay at the Travis County Sheriff's Department Bonding Office as stated above 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.



Last Modified: Tuesday, October 19, 2010 9:20 AM